(215) 525-9583 direct (PHL)
(646) 680-9661 direct (NYC)
“I like to create things from whole cloth and solve problems. Like Han Solo, I don’t ask if something is possible until after I’ve done it.”
Nicole D. Galli focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including all forms of intellectual property (IP) litigation, and IP counseling, especially regarding trade secret protection. After spending over two decades at two AmLaw 100 firms, an IP boutique firm, and a full-service regional firm, Nicole founded our firm in 2015 to provide clients with sophisticated, first-in-class legal services in an innovative, efficient and customized manner that best suits their business needs.
Nicole has litigated a wide variety of IP and business disputes for clients in federal and state courts, administrative forums, and arbitration and mediation venues throughout the nation. She represents clients in IP matters such as patent infringement and licensing litigation, trademark matters including infringement, as well as opposition and cancellation before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, trade dress infringement, copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets claims. She also has extensive experience with many other types of business disputes including breach of contract, restrictive covenant, tortious interference, antitrust, consumer fraud and class action matters. Nicole also counsels clients on IP portfolio acquisition, management, enforcement and monetization.
Nicole has worked in litigation and counseling capacities with clients in various industries including medical devices, software, electronics, consumer products, automotive, energy, hospitality, food and beverage, construction, manufacturing, healthcare, marketing and other service providers. Her clients include individuals, start-ups, large national and international companies, as well as cultural institutions and non-profits.
Professional & Community Activities
Nicole has a long history of giving back to the community and the profession.
Women Owned Law
Nicole founded and leads Women Owned Law (WOL), the first national networking organization for women entrepreneurs in the law. WOL empowers women entrepreneurs to revolutionize the business of law through network building, education and other resources and advocacy in the marketplace. With a soft launch in the fall of 2016 that started in Philadelphia with a group of 8 women, WOL has approximately 185 members throughout the United States.
American Bar Association
Nicole is a member of the American Bar Association, where she served as the CLE Officer of the Section of Intellectual Property Law from 2016 to 2018 and most recently served on the Section’s Council. Nicole currently serves as one of the co-chairs of the ABA Litigation Section’s Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee.
Nicole leads two national initiatives developing “best practices” for trade secret protection.
Sedona Conference Working Group 12 (Trade Secrets)
In the winter of 2017, Nicole participated in the first, invitation-only Sedona Conference on Trade Secrets and is a founding member of the new Sedona Conference Working Group 12 (Trade Secrets) that launched in 2018. Nicole co-chairs the Sedona WG12 sub-team on the governance and management of trade secrets (Team 5).
Licensing Executives Society
Nicole is Vice Chair of the IP in the Supply Chain Committee, which focuses on protecting trade secrets and other IP in the supply chain for the LES’s IP Management Standards Project.
The Equity Project
Nicole also serves as one of the “Equity Project Champions,” a group of corporate and law firm leaders who spread awareness of the “Equity Project.” The Equity Project is a groundbreaking initiative of Burford Capital, a leading global finance and investment management firm focused on law, designed to help close the gender gap in law by providing an economic incentive for change through a $50 million pool of capital earmarked for financing commercial litigation matters led by women.
- Forum of Executive Women
- Board of Directors, 2018-2020,
- Immediate Past Chair, Forum Award for Emerging Women Leaders Committee,
- Member of the Forum Ally Selection Committee, 2020, and
- Forum Foundation. Chair, Board of Directors.
- Member, Certification and Envoy Committees.
- Buying Legal Council
- Member, Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Trade Secrets Committee, and
- Member, Women in IP Committee.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Founding Co-Chair, Chancellor’s Mentoring and Professional Development Initiative.
- Her Corner,
- Select Counsel,
- Intangible Law Network,
- Justinian Society, and
- Democratic Executive Committee, Eighth Ward, 2d Division
Nicole is a frequent speaker, author and thought leader on issues impacting women attorneys and entrepreneurs, as well as on various legal topics including intellectual property strategy, trade secrets protection and litigation, trademark, copyright and patent law and litigation, commercial litigation best practices and procedural matters, and litigation financing.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1992, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 1989, B.A., cum laude
- Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware (inactive)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, District of Delaware, Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Ohio and Southern District of Illinois
Awards and Honors
- Included in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for 2021 for her work in Patent Law
- Women Owned Law, Inaugural “Founders Award,” 2020
- Tory Burch Foundation, Fellow, 2019
- Philadelphia Business Journal, “Best of the Bar – Intellectual Property Litigation,” 2019
- IAM Strategy 300, Worlds Leading IP Strategists, 2019
- Philadelphia Inquirer, “Influencers of Law – Intellectual Property Litigation,” 2019
- Philadelphia Business Journal, Women of Distinction, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer-Rated
- Philadelphia Magazine, Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2005-present
- Arrive Magazine, Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast, 2011
- Philadelphia Smart CEO Magazine, Legal Elite, 2010
- Philadelphia Business Journal, 40 Under 40, 2003
- American Lawyer Media, Lawyers on the Fast Track in Pennsylvania, 2003
- Forum of Executive Women, Forum Award, 2003
Nicole D. Galli
One Liberty Place
1650 Market Street
Suite 3600, #00250
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 525-9583 direct
(215) 525-9585 facsimile
5 Penn Plaza, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10001
(646) 680-9663 direct