Intellectual Property is a key strategic asset for any business. Our firm advises clients in developing and implementing a thorough and effective program for protection and management of these assets. A strong and well thought out intellectual property portfolio helps clients maintain their competitive advantage in the marketplace and lessens the need for costly and distracting enforcement actions in the future.
We help our clients identify their intellectual property assets and assist them in determining which among those assets are of most importance to the business. Using our understanding of the likely areas of risks to the intellectual property, we help clients developing and implement a plan for protecting the intellectual property, including registration and enforcement, where appropriate. Once those elements are in place, we assist clients in the on-going monitoring of threats to a company’s intellectual property, as well as the prompt and comprehensive response to such threats.
Our IP Services include:
- Trademark searching and clearance,
- Registering trademarks (including both logos and word marks) and trade dress,
- Registering copyrights,
- Rights clearance for copyrights,
- License agreements and assignments,
- Confidentiality agreements and NDAs,
- Other IP related agreements, such as vendor, customer, or joint venture agreements,
- Advice on the intellectual property aspects of employment agreements and employee policies,
- DMCA Registration, website terms of service agreements and privacy policies,
- Due diligence for deals or litigation financing opportunities,
- Invention protection – assisting clients on deciding whether to protect inventions as trade secrets or patents, with referral to and collaboration with patent counsel in our network as appropriate for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, as well as “freedom to operate” opinions,
- For clients who have highly valuable trade secrets, we also offer a holistic program for trade secrets management and governance, helping clients to enhance their business processes around the protection of these key assets, and
- Enforcement – we provide the full range of IP monitoring and enforcement services, including infringement and misappropriation investigations, cease and desist letters, licensing programs, trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and litigation.