We work with our clients to help them capitalize on their business opportunities and to mitigate legal risk. Our services include general business legal advice, preparation and negotiation of routine commercial agreements, and support in and advice on structuring and executing key transactions. We also have deep experience advising alternative investment fund managers and clients making investments in the alternative investment space, including private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge funds. This includes compliance and SEC and related regulations.
Corporate counseling, including:
- Entity formation, selection of form, and drafting of shareholder, partnership and operating agreements.
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of routine legal agreements such as NDAs, MSAs and supplier and vendor agreements.
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of complex commercial agreements covering distribution, strategic partnerships, intellectual property rights and licensing, and SaaS and cloud services and solutions.
- Preparation of employment and independent contractor agreements, standard terms and conditions of employment and employee handbooks.
- General advisory services for a wide range of employment related matters including disciplinary issues as well as conducting workplace harassment and discrimination training.
- Conducting investigations including complaints and ethics issues.
- Advise and design compliance programs including corporate, operational and regulatory compliance focusing on investment management, cybersecurity, information security, data privacy and anti-bribery and anti-corruption regulations.
Our corporate and transactional services are provided on an as needed basis or under an “outside general counsel” agreement for those companies that need regular legal assistance but not at levels that would support dedicated in-house counsel.
We represent clients as buyer or seller in mergers and acquisitions, as well as in joint ventures, strategic partnerships, capital raises and other major transactions. Our advisory services start from the initial deal evaluation, and proceed through diligence, negotiation of transaction documents, closing and successful execution of post-transaction integration.
Our transactional services cover a full scope of transactions, including:
- Negotiation of deal terms
- Preparation and negotiation of Memorandums of Understanding and Letters of Intent
- Due Diligence
- Negotiation and drafting of acquisition and merger agreements
Investment Management Regulation
We have experience advising alternative investment fund managers and clients making investments in the alternative investment space (private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge funds). We have experience in compliance and SEC regulation, including the Investment Advisers Act and fund formation as well as the myriad of ancillary legal issues that arise when setting up or operating an alternative investment fund.